Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Brenda's Bday

Happy Birthday Brenda!  For those that don't know, Brenda is my best friend from high school that lives up in SF.  I decided that I don't see her or Erika hardly often enough even though I always try to get up there more often... so since all of us are september babies, I decided I have no excuse this time to not go at least for dinner!  We met up at Cha Cha Cha's, which is a Cuban tapas restaurant, in the Haight because it was right by the bar they were going to celebrate further with a group later tonight. 

The sangria we got to drink to kick off the night/dinner was quite delicious.  It didn't have too much alcohol and I didn't drink too much since I was driving, but I enjoyed what I had- the fruit in there was good too soaked in the wine and juice!  

As for food dishes, we got 4 dishes: a creamy shrimp dish that had a hint of spiciness to it, fried plantains with black beans, BBQ chicken quesadilla with guacamole and salsa, and a mixed greens salad.  All the dishes were quite delicious!  The shrimp was good, especially as you dipped the bread in the creamy sauce and munched away.  I'm really glad we had salad to even things out, especially since I've been feeling vegetable deficient from eating out so much lately.  I must say my favorite though was the fried plantains.  There were crispy parts that I love, and a perfect ripeness and sweetness to the plantains. It's a small side dish but yet can be a dessert too!

Brenda, happy birthday and I'm really glad I got to see you on your birthday!  Thanks for all the laughs & good times over the years and may 25 be a great year!!  I love you and love that you're a part of my life. I can't be thankful enough for friends like you and Erika who I may not talk to for long periods of time but feel comfortable like nothing has changed when we get together... I'm saying it again but we need to get together more often!!

1 comment:

BMart said...

Aww, Amy! Thanks for the Birthday blog. I feel so special. I miss you so much and I can't wait to get more time so I can finally go down to visit. Besos y abrazos!