Sunday, November 16, 2008

Royal Tofu House

A colleague and I went to Royal Tofu House recently for lunch, because it's really close by and I felt like something warm but healthy in the cooling weather.  I had been to other korean restaurants such as in Cupertino Village but had not tried this one, so we finally went.

Overall, it was good, but there weren't as many side dishes that came with our food as some other restaurants I have been to.  However, each of the side items were good.  A broccoli with tofu dish, little fish dish, bean sprouts, seaweed, and of course kimchi.  I'm not a kimchi expert, but I thought it was actually quite good.  I dipped it into my soup to spice it up a bit more, as well as eat it with my rice.  I can be pretty weak sauce when it comes to spiciness but this was just right for me!  So all you really spicy kimchi lovers may not enjoy it as much.  

I ordered the vegetable tofu pot, mild spice, and thought it hit the spot.  Of course I burned my tongue as usual since I'm so impatient when it comes to food, especially when I'm very hungry! Their rice was good too.  I would definitely go back again, especially with the proximity, but I can't say it was the best ever!

No comments: