Monday, June 15, 2009

Starting the Austin Trip Right!

Austin Business Trip here I come!

We got off the plane and were
starving after skipping lunch due to the timing of the flight, so we went straight to Trudy's for some drinks and queso! I don't really like nacho cheese so I'm not sure why queso in Texas seems so much better when in reality it's not much (if at all) different... Those mexican margaritas that were on special for monday nights were huge and quite good but I definitely couldn't finish it all, being the light weight that I am. We also ended up having dinner- I had the beef fajitas with whole wheat tortillas and all the fixings yummm...

We checked in at our hotel and then went to get some Amy's Ice Cream close by. How can it be bad named "Amy's"? I got a mix of Mexican Vanilla and Dark Chocolate... sure hit the spot! The interior was very cute with all the cow designs and seemed like a very fun atmosphere. It even had one of those old school photo booths inside! Besides, warm night and cold ice cream how can you go wrong? Overall, good first night!

No comments: