Sunday, December 27, 2009

BBQ Dinner with Friends in FL

Last night we went out to dinner with our friends Ryan and Nichole. We sadly don't get to see them very often since we live so far apart, so this was a good opportunity to meet up- yay Christmas! They suggested Lee Roy Selmon's for some good BBQ so off we went. Jeremy and I split the BBQ family platter which included "Soul Good Pulled Pork", ribs, BBQ chicken and meatloaf. They allowed us to switch the meatloaf for something else, so we went for the brisket. We also got two sides and chose the baked beans and cornbread casserole.

When our food came though, we still had meatloaf on our plates, so our waitress (who was quite good) told us to keep our meatloaf and she would bring out the brisket. It was all quite tasty and the bread they brought out was delicious too- yeast buns with BBQ sauce dripped on top. If I were to rank the meats, I'd put it in the order of... top choice pulled pork hands down, then ribs, then chicken, then brisket (probably because it was drenched in sauce), and last meatloaf. I really liked the sides, especially the corn mush type side we had even though I do feel like I should have vegetables right about now... it's been a lot of meat and potatoes with vegetables covered in some sort of sauce... salad anyone? I can get that when I go home though :) Nichole got the cheese and bacon grits which I wanted to try also, but oh well some other time it shall be! It was a great time at dinner and so good to see them- what more can you ask for good friends and good food!

No comments: