Sunday, April 19, 2009

By Th' Bucket Santa Clara

For the last day of one of my coworkers, our group went out to lunch at By Th' Bucket in Santa Clara. I had driven by it many times before, and by the sound of it, it sounds like fried chicken! However, they actually have all sorts of stuff from seafood to burgers, pastas to sandwiches... the list could go on. Everything that people ordered looked amazing. Some of the things ordered were a crab cake sandwich, burgers, and some other hot sandwiches. I ended up ordering the pasta & salad combo... my attempt to be healthy and diverse!

I got the pesto chicken fettucine with the tomato mozzarella salad. It was good, but I think it was hyped up much more in my head than what I actually ate. The salad was like a caprese salad (which I love) with greens and avocados (which I love) so the salad was great. I wish that they had given me more salad though! The pasta was actually a creamy pesto. I am actually not a huge creamy sauce fan to begin with, so I was disappointed that I didn't read that part clearly. Obviously if I'm expecting regular pesto and get a creamy pesto, it is going to start me on the wrong path... I think it also could have used a little more flavor, but again I am quite critical!

Everyone else thoroughly enjoyed their food, so I think I'll try either seafood (which seems to be a specialty of theirs) or a sandwich, since those looked amazing! I'm definitely willing to try again!

No comments: