Friday, April 24, 2009

Homemade Pizza

A while back, Jeremy and I attempted to make homemade pizza- everything from scratch!  We had received a pizza stone as one of our gifts as well as a bread machine.  Paired with Jeremy's obsession with pizza, it only made sense we would try it!

We made honey whole wheat pizza dough, topped it with some tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and veggies on my side.  Jeremy's complaint was no pepperoni which we adjusted for our second attempt a few weeks later. I highly enjoyed my pizza. The dough was very wheat-y, which I actually liked and Jeremy was okay with as well.  The dough was a little thicker than I think it should have been, but these are all learning opportunities!  I'm glad I loaded up my side with veggies because it added so much flavor and depth to the wheat-y pizza.  Maybe Jeremy is a purist in wanting the taste of cheese alone (except when pepperoni is available)... but I always tell him to eat more veggies.

The only sad thing was that the pizza stuck to the pizza stone depsite the oil and sprinkled cornmeal.  It may have been because I tried to stretch out the door further on the stone so again, a learning point!  We will definitely need to keep trying to "perfect" our homemade pizza!

No comments: