Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter @ Yosemite and Bunny Cake!

Growing up, my family didn't have many Easter traditions. It definitely was not a huge holiday in my house, and it did not mean as much then as it does to me now that I understand what the day really signifies. It's usually a good season... or at least a week/day for me to reflect and truly appreciate the sacrifices that have been made for me. Of course from there, realizing how blessed I am.

Prior to Easter, I was able to participate in a fantastic tradition with our fantastic friends. Apparently Jen's bunny cake is an annual Easter tradition that has been going on. I was finally able to experience and enjoy dinner and bunny cake with our friends :) It's marvelous how two round cakes and jelly beans can turn into an awesome bunny cake!
Jeremy's tradition has been Cadbury Creme Eggs which I didn't get him, but he got some other candy... as long as he gets candy he is happy! I also ended up getting him a creme egg (not Cadbury) after Easter and he enjoyed that greatly.

This year for Easter we went to Yosemite with our friends and it was a great time of being out in nature, God's creation, and really be able to enjoy the outdoors. It was my first time in Yosemite and it was an absolutely beautiful weekend... during the day. It got VERY cold at night and there was quite a bit of layering and shivering that happened... I think we were a bit ill prepared and it didn't help that the fire didn't start because the wood was damp. We survived, still enjoyed each other's company (thanks to the Ls), and ate very well so no complaints there! It's an annual Yosemite camping trip that again was a first to me! A lot of firsts for me this Easter which is great.

Good friends, good food, good times- can't ask for much more than that in life!

No comments: