Friday, July 23, 2010

Coconut Water Cleanse

I know it sounds crazy but I survived a coconut water cleanse! I followed the same process that a coworker of mine did- a 3 day cleanse by primarily only drinking coconut water. The first day is only coconut water (about 3L a day), the second and third day is coconut water with almonds. I had 20 almonds the second day and 25 the third day in addition to coconut water.

For anybody that knows me, they know I love my food and I love eating but I was amazed at how fine I felt. I started it this week because I had wanted to do it for a while but I was finally motivated by how gross I felt after consuming way too much on our Tahoe camping trip. The time I tried to start the cleanse before I was sitting at home while my husband baked bread as a means to fix himself food and I couldn't fight the desire to eat fresh baked bread that smelled fantastic... so this time I started it during a busy time at work which helped tremendously. I didn't even really think about it too much and I didn't have to leave to go get lunch or think about what to take for lunch haha. I had a lot more energy than I thought I would and surprisingly I didn't feel deprived this time. The power of will and mind! I even made dinner for Jeremy one night and didn't have the urge to eat the food I made- amazing!

Anyhow, I felt good through it- I didn't wake up with discomfort in my stomach, didn't have the sick, full feeling from eating too mcuh, and just truly felt fine. On the flip side, I didn't feel great or like I was cleansed throughly in my body or any other dramatic changes, so was it really a big difference maker? Mmm... probably not but at least I tried it! Of course I'm putting toxins back into my body after it, but who knows? Maybe it'll be an annual thing!

No comments: