Sunday, August 3, 2008

Santa Ramen

After a disappointing first wedding venue viewing, Jeremy & I decided to dinner in San Mateo since we had driven all the way to Burlingame. We decided on Santa Ramen, and we discovered that it had moved to a larger location! The good thing is that they can let more people in, even though there is still a continual line out the door meaning you can't linger with your food. I ALSO found out, that they no longer have the stewed pork ramen option. You have to choose either shoyu, tonkotsu, or miso ramen for $7.95, and add 2 pieces of stewed pork for $4.95!

They get a better place to serve more people and hike up the prices... I was not so happy... the stewed pork was good and I will say that they are clearly larger than what was included before, but it wasn't worth $5 for Jeremy or I. I will say that as usual the broth impressed me, and I was drinking it up. I kept doing tastings between my tonkotsu and Jeremy's shoyu... can't pick a favorite because they are both quite tasty and it just depends on the mood! Jeremy had to remind me to take pictures before diving in to my food haha what a great fiance (accent on the e) I have!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Yay! I'm glad you've continued your food adventures now that you're back in the US. I think that as you plan your wedding food you should comment on options here. :)

Daniel said...

Santa Ramen's noodles are too thick for their tonkotsu broth. They need to switch it up.