Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Old Siam

My friend Jessica who I became friends with during my time in Japan is back in town and came out to have dinner with us! In an attempt to find a place to eat that would meet the special diet I was on this past week, as well as a location close to our small group, we found a cute and delicious Thai place called The Old Siam in Sunnyvale!  It is small but very authentic and well priced!

There were 5 of us that went and we all loved our food!  Since I wasn't supposed to have any starches on phase one of "The Maker's Diet", I chose to get the Yum Nua salad.  The description is "Beef, tomato, carrots, cucumbers, onion and lettuce mixed with spicy lime sauce."  I actually read on Yelp that it was delicious so decided to try it!  It was a fantastic combination of sweet, spicy, and sour!

The others were also very happy with their food.  The other items ordered were Pad See-Ew, and three different types of curries.  Apparently all of the curries were absolutely delicious because the rice and all the gravy was devoured!  I will definitely be going back again to sample more foods!

No comments: