Thursday, August 13, 2009

Japanese Food Cooking Commitment

After talking to my friend Jimmy, as well as watching Julie & Julia, I am now inspired to do a committed time of cooking Japanese food. This is my commitment to experiment and see what I may want to do someday for my own business. I know food is my passion and that I'd love to share delicious and healthy food with everyone else... but that's about it. I have a few ideas floating in my head, but we'll see what solidifies in me and what floats away!

I haven't decided quite what this commitment is going to be either- a month, 30 days, or some other time frame. Whatever the time frame, I'm going to choose different Japanese dishes to cook and experiment with, so I can truly make them my own! Or on the flip side, it may help me decide what I'm not good at or what a lot of people might not like. Right now I'm leaning toward 30 dishes in 30 days. That sets a limit on time, and allows me to make multiple dishes in one night since cooking every day really isn't reasonable in my mind.

If someone is reading and has a suggestion, I'm always listening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is a brilliant idea! Perhaps you can get inspired from cookbooks, restaurants, tv shows? I would love to see how you can make some dishes healthier but still tasty! You should try appetizers, entrees, and desserts. That way you experiment across the menu.

What about drinks? =) It would be awesome if you have a food business that serves up HOME cooking. So it tastes like the way "mom" made it.

Good job!