Sunday, July 6, 2008

More Local Favs & Sad food search

An update on the local favorites that I'm trying over again. 
First I tried the popiah at Wisma Atria Food Republic when I met up with Steve and Adelene.  I love popiah, but that was my least favorite... I believe it was the egg bits inside that I didn't like. Plus, the skin wasn't as crispy or fresh as I would have liked.  They asked me if I wanted it spicy and I said a little, which I believe is the sauce on top, but it wasn't spicy at all, so was a bit confused about that too.  I still haven't been impressed with anything I've eaten in that place!

Second thing I tried again over the weekend was Char Kway Teow. 
I've had it a few times and wasn't blown away any of those times. I had this odd urge for it, so I went looking... the sad thing about today is that I had this plan to go to Queenstown Shopping Center to get a tennis dress and then to Tiong Bahru hawker center to use the Singapore Food Festival voucher at one of the places.  I've heard the center is good so I wanted to try it... However, sadly no luck with the tennis dress AND I ended up at the wrong hawker center (Redhill), and didn't feel like going to look for it again. This one was good with cockles and not too spicy.  I liked this one better than the one at Gluttons Bay but less than the one I ate with Jeremy at oddly the Thai place in Far East Plaza.  Maybe I'm biased towards Pad See Ew...

I really wanted dessert but was full when I stood up, so I waited until I got off at my MRT (train) stop and said if there was an ice cream man on the way home I would get one of the $1 ice creams in bread.  Sure enough I found a nice uncle, and I decided on flavor #4: coffee.  My favorite is still the sweet corn believe it or not!

19 more days in Singapore~

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I agree with your choice of sweet corn. It is one of my favs as well. 1 more month till I go back to Asia! keke