Wednesday, May 27, 2009

California Burrito at Lolita's

Jeremy finally had his long awaited California Burrito at Lolita's!  Lolita's has been a consistent stop every time we visit San Diego, but I previously failed to mention the California Burrito or Carne Asada fries until it was too late.  I think Brenda had mentioned it after we had ordered last time, at which Jeremy gave me the "I can't believe you never told me about this" look... which is why our last SD meal was Lolita's.

The California Burrito consists of carne asada meat, sour cream, cheese, and french fries.  Jeremy being the french fry lover that he is, wanted to try this.  Misato came with us and suggested that we add guacamole to make it even better.  I had never been a California Burrito fan, since I prefer just a regular carne asada burrito, but took some of Jeremy's anyway.  Besides, only a few hours had passed since our Pancake House meal!  I know the picture doesn't look too appetizing but you can tell there are a lot of french fries in the burrito-too many in my opinion. That's probably why Misato ate the meat side and not so much the french fries side! The items are also segregated which makes it difficult to have a little bit of everything in each bite.

A few days ago my parents, Jeremy, and I also went to Tacos El Gordo after the driving range for some Tijuana style tacos.  I love the small tacos made right in front of you...  a little pricey at almost $2/taco but so delicious!  You definitely don't get those very often in the Bay Area! You can tell I devoured them right away because I was so excited to eat them I forgot to take pictures...  I love San Diego and its delicious Mexican food!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Don't you remember that one time we went to the taco trucks in Oakland? Mmmm mexican food. When I complain about the lack of good Mexican food here in MN, people just don't understand.