Saturday, May 30, 2009

Falafels in Fremont

Cindy was coming down to see us at Fremont via public transportation, so I decided to try to find a good place by the BART station.  Yelp had recommended a place called "Falafels Etc" which won out over both Olive Garden and Sweet Tomatoes.

Jeremy and I both got a falafel sandwich and Cindy got the chicken schawarman sandwich.  I had to go for the falafels because people on Yelp raved about them.  They were definitely crispy on the outside and wonderfully moist on the inside. It also had a definite but subtle taste to it which was nice, compared to other overly salty/flavorful ones I've had previously.  I also got my tahini sauce on the side because some places drench their sandwiches in tahini sauce, making it juice from the pita pocket very easily.  I liked the pickled veggies in the sandwich, which was different from other places where they just have the standard tomato, onion, cucumber, and lettuce. I had a bite of chicken from Cindy's sandwich.  It was good but it had a different, slightly curry taste to it.  

They also had a little condiment bar which was neat.  It had yogurt sauce, some chili sauce, pickles, peppers, and some flavored onions.  I didn't use much of the sauces but I will experiment more next time I go!  The food overall was good and I'd go back again to the place. However, I'm not a huge falafel person and I don't feel like driving out of my way for falafels so next time I'm in the area, maybe I'll stop by!

No comments: