Wednesday, May 27, 2009

World Famous in Pacific Beach

Memorial weekend/week off for Jeremy meant Jeremy and I were going to San Diego to visit my family.  My long time best friend Misato suggested we go to a restaurant called World Famous in Pacific Beach for breakfast/brunch.  She loves the place, so I decided it was a perfect time to try something new!  

We thought parking might be crazy since it was Memorial Day and World Famous is right on the Pacific Beach boardwalk, but it wasn't bad at all... at least when we got there at 10am.  We waited for about 10 minutes outside, but it was fantastic because we were right on the beach and we enjoyed the cloudy/sunny weather and soaked up the atmosphere.  Misato loves sitting on the patio area, but we got an inside booth which was quite comfortable and not too big for our party of 3.  Jeremy liked that it was inside since he wouldn't get burned.

We finally got to ordering and I got a pork carnitas chilaquiles platter served with eggs, beans, and tortillas.  I'm not a huge egg person so I only had a little with my meal but it was delicious! Some tortilla pieces were crispy while the others were softer.  The carnitas meat was a little on the saltier side, but balanced out in the whole bite when you had avocado and some salsa with it.  
Jeremy got the Carne Asada Benedict. Again I'm not a huge egg person, but he seemed to devour the 2 muffin, meat, and egg mounds as well as the potatoes served with it.  

Misato's go-to-meal at World Famous is the Carne Asada platter, so she got some Carne Asada meat, eggs, and beans, served with tortillas.  She also got a raspberry mimosa, since they make about 5 different mimosa mixes that apparently are all delicious!  Maybe next time I will have a mimosa also!

No comments: