Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mil's Diner with Angela

Angela and I were finally able to meet up for a Saturday hang out!  After hearing good things about the breakfast items at Mil's Diner in Milpitas, we decided to give it a try.  

We decided to split a few things, including the avocado, tomato, mushroom, and and onion omelette (which came with hash browns and buttered wheat toast), short stack of buttermilk pancakes, and a bowl of fresh fruit. The omelette was really good- I think the avocado was what really did it for me!  The hash browns were good but a little on the too crispy/burned side for my liking.  I like crispy, but it was a bit too crispy overall.  The toast was good but a bit too buttered, since I'm not a huge buttered toast person.  

The pancakes were soft and fluffy.  I usually don't get plain pancakes but we thought about giving it a try to test the taste of the original buttermilk pancake at Mil's.  I'm not sure why every breakfast place puts the butter mound right smack in the middle, but I always scrape it to the side... I'm sure I'm one of very few people that actually don't like butter on my pancakes though.  I wish there were fresh preserves and not just the packaged jams, but that may be asking for too much.  I added some fresh strawberries from the fruit bowl on my pancake and made it a fruit pancake!  The fruit was good, but some of the fruit still seemed a bit unripe.  Overall though, I was pleasantly surprised with the bowl of fruit.  It was a nice touch to balance out the carbs, oil, and heavier items on our table.  I'm glad we shared because it was still a large amount of food!  I'd definitely go back again!

No comments: