Thursday, May 21, 2009

SJ Giants Game and BBQ

I went to my first minor league San Jose Giants game! People have told me that it is really fun and that the Famous Turkey Mike's BBQ they have at the stadium is really good. We went as a work fun event so I didn't even have to pay to experience the fun!

The rib dinner I got was delicious. The ribs weren't too fatty which I very much appreciated, and they gave you a lot! (Even though I ate it all while I was chatting...) I chose corn on the cob and baked beans as my sides. The baked beans weren't super sweet which I liked, but it could have been a little more saucy. It had dried out by the time I had gotten to them. The corn was sweet, and I love corn on the cob so that was a good side. The only issue with this meal is that it is messy and there are many things that get in your teeth. I survived! Thankfully they had wet wipes to use after the meal is done!

Other people got sandwiches and chicken. The chicken was rather small, but the sandwiches looked good! I have heard that the tri tip sandwiches are delicious and I heard good things about the cheese steak as well. I learned that though there are posters that say "frozen cocktail" they have not sold it in a very long time, if at all, so don't expect to find one!

Overall, a super fun event, but I would go back at night next time. It got super hot sitting there in the sun, and apparently I didn't put on enough sunscreen on the edges, because I am a bit sunburnt on the edges of the tanktop! Apply lots of sunscreen when you're out directly in the sun without moving too much for long periods of time!

No comments: