Wednesday, September 16, 2009

J-Food Day 19: Kabocha Croquettes

After a few days of birthday celebrations, I'm back on day 19 with the 19th dish!

Dish 19. Kabocha Croquettes- I had prepared the inside of the croquettes a few days ago but never got around to finishing the product, but today I did! I had basically mushed together the kabocha squash, with carrots and onions. I took that mixture, put some cheese in the middle, floured it, and fried it. I would have breaded it like a regular croquette, but I didn't realize I had so little Panko bread crumbs. It didn't come out as crispy as breaded croquettes, but I thought they tasted really good!

This was also my first time with the Fry Daddy, so it was fun! The inside was already cooked, so I just needed to fry it for a little bit to get the outside golden brown and cook the flour. Jeremy only ate a bite because he wasn't hungry but he liked it. He especially liked the cheesy parts! Maybe I should've added more cheese!

No comments: