Sunday, September 13, 2009

Week 2 Ratings

Here is the week 2 recap and ratings of the dishes I made for the Japanese Food Project.

Yamakake Soba
Yakisoba- 1 1/2 stars... must try again
Curry (improved over 3 days)- 3 1/2 stars
Chicken Katsu- 3 stars- next time I'll fry it
Hijiki- 4 stars
Hijiki Mixed Rice- 3 1/2 stars
Rolled Cabbage- 3 stars... I'll go back to the tomato version

There are a few things I definitely need to improve on but it has been a good project so far! Many more to come!

Next week I'm looking at making braised kabocha squash, kabocha squash croquettes, salmon avocado rolls, kinpira gobo, shiraae (if I can find a suribachi/mortar & pestle), miso stir fry, miso soup, and maybe ichigo daifuku dessert! But again, we know how schedules change based on my mood or desire! 8 dishes a week and I'll make it to the 30 dish goal by September 30!

No comments: