Sunday, September 27, 2009

J-Food Day 26: Sushi

I'm one day behind on actually posting my blogs now, but last night was sushi night! I made both nigiri and rolls, yummmmm...

Dish 26. Sushi- Everybody knows I love sushi, so I've made these at home before! Plus growing up, we used to make sushi at home all the time so I've had some practice :) This time we had salmon nigiri and I stepped up the rolls by including salmon, unagi, avocado, cucumber, and shiso leaves. Yummmmmmm... I still have to step up my cutting skills a bit more, but after talking to my Mom a bit about how to cut without squishing the rolls (and not getting a super expensive sushi knife), she gave me some tips and I definitely did better! Jeremy loved them too and we swallowed up all the ones that I made! I would definitely say it was a success :)

No comments: