Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Durian

So many people have asked if I have tried Durian, the king of fruits, so here is my answer:

Yes I have, and I liked it!  People gasp and tell me I'm pretty much abnormal.  Apparently most first timers, especially Japanese people don't like it.  But, Jeremy had it and didn't think it was too bad, and my family liked it as well.  It's very sweet and creamy, so I can't eat very much at once, nor do I want to because I believe 
the caloric content is pretty high. I actually thing it's good though and I liked the durian pancake snacks that are sold in malls as well.  The bad thing is that when you burp or something hours later, you smell the durian again... though I don't think the smell is THAT bad, it's just very strong.  I also made the mistake of taking durian home with me into my fridge for a few days.  Thankfully it was packed well so it didn't smell up my whole fridge and home!  For anyone that wants to try it but is scared, I'd say definitely try it and don't be turned off by the smell!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Oh man... You really liked it??? I tried it in Thailand and I could not stand to smell myself. I think I will try it again when I have a stuffy nose... It might help me taste rather than smell the durian more.