Sunday, June 29, 2008

Seemingly Odd Tapioca Combo

This entry is dedicated to my boyfriend Jeremy.
Jeremy's favorite tapioca is Vanilla Cookie Swirl or something like that at Tapioca Express, because it pretty much tastes like candy. When I told him tapioca/bubble tea here is S$1-S$2, he was very excited.  There are many options for that price, but who in their right mind would choose banana oreo? Answer: my boyfriend.  I'll admit I thought he was crazy when he said he wanted to try it, but his reasoning was why not be a little more adventurous when its cheap?  It made sense and although I was EXTREMELY skeptical, I tried it and it was actually not bad! The first sip I took, it was just ok, but I must admit that it grew on me the more sips I took.  So today I ended up buying one of my own. It was good still, but it was
a bit too much after a while.  I couldn't finish a whole thing all by myself, so for myself in the future, I prefer passionfruit tea or something not as sweet (and healthier). 
Food often tastes better when you steal a few bites off of someone else's plate, so maybe this drink was one of those cases. I wouldn't buy it again for myself, but I'd take a few sips of someone else's banana oreo tapioca again any time :)

No comments: