Friday, June 27, 2008

Mos Burger & Thai Express

Friday lunch time was a serving of Mos Burger. I must say I hadn't had anything from Mos Burger since my childhood summer days in Japan every now and then.  The burgers are actually QUITE small, especially compared to American burger sizes.  My Singaporean friends have said that the sizes are still smaller than the American fast food chains here as well.  
I tried the Unagi Rice burger, which is actually quite tasty.  They shape the rice to basically hold in the shape of buns and sandwich unagi pieces in between.  I like Unagi bowls, so it was exactly like that but you can eat it with your hands!  As I said, it's pretty small so you have to get a side of fries to share with your friends or you can go get a bubble tea (tapioca) afterwards to fill you up!  Take your pick :)  We ended up gettin
g fries, and I like eating them with a mix of the chili sauce and ketchup they give you!
For dinner time, Lyzz had mentioned wanting some Thai food, so we ended up going to Thai Express at the bottom of Paragon. **Apologies now for pictures of food that has already started to be eaten.** We got their "popular" Mango salad.  It was delicious!  I'm not sure if it is a different type of mango, like green mango (similar to their green papaya salad), but it was a great combination of a slightly crunchy texture, that is slightly sweet with a hint of sour.   Plus the slightly tangy/sweet sauce that goes with it was really refreshing.  
Our 2nd dish was Pad Thai to see what the flavor here on this classic dish was.  I was a little 
disappointed because it came out so quick and it was not piping hot... it seemed like they make a lot because many people order it, but it isn't freshly made after an order is placed.  The taste was good with chilis on the side that you could add in yourself. Not the best Pad Thai I have had, but not the worst either.  I guess you can't expect too much out of a chain restaurant.  The mango salad is a definite recommendation to try though!

No comments: