Friday, June 20, 2008

Singapore Favorites (So Far)

I've been in Singapore for almost 2 months now, can you believe it? 
Sad to say I have no pictures at the moment of the foods but here are some of the delicious dishes I have had so far in no particular order:

Savory foods:
*Chili Crab (especially with mantou) & Black Pepper Crab
*Char Kway Teow
*Grilled Stingray with Chili
*Laksa- a spicy, coconut noodle soup
*Fish porridge
*Popiah- a fresh spring roll that uses a crepe like wrap
*Mee Siam
*Chicken Rice- Just as it sounds but simple and delicious!

Desserts:
*Delicious Exotic Fruits: Thai Mango, Mangosteen, Rambutan, and of course Durian
*Sweet Corn ice cream sandwiched in a slice of colorful bread- It sounds adventurous but it was REALLY good :)
*Sweet Yam Paste desserts
*Cold Aloe Vera dessert- consists of shaved ice, sweetened aloe vera and jellies
*Rojak- Many people don't like the tamarind-chili flavor, but I personally enjoy it!
*Cheng Tng
*Chendol
*S$1 (S$1.80 max) Bubble Tea (aka Tapioca in the US)- can't beat the price!

I've got a little over a month to go here, so I am going to take full advantage of eating to my heart's delight.  I'll try to narrow my favorites down to provide an "Amy's Top 10 Singapore Foods" by the end of my trip!

No comments: